We are very particular about our trainers. Our trainers have been hand picked by Sally Cant and undergo a series of tests before they can train students, and they must have years of experience as a celebrant prior to being able to train. They come from a broad background and have a high level of skill in training. We are thrilled to introduce our trainers to you:
- Sally has a been a celebrant since 1995, Training celebrants since 2001
- Cert IV in Celebrancy CHC42608 and a Grad Dip of Celebrancy
- Author of The Heart and Soul of Celebrancy – sold over 4000 copies into 6 countries.
- Author of "Let's Talk about Death" (due for release in 2015)
- Member of the inaugural FIMAC - Funeral Industry Ministerial Advisory Council
- Lecturer- RMIT, Swinburne University et al, in Marketing, Public Relations and Information Technology.
- Owner and Director of The Celebrants Training College Pty Ltd
- National Committee Member of NDAN - Natural Death Advocacy Network
- National Committee Member of MAREAA - Marriage & Relationship Educators Association of Australia
- National Committee Member of CCGA - Monash Graduates Association
- 20 years - CEO of Communication Agencies
- An Associate Member of the National Speakers Association of Aust.
- Corporate MC
- Award winning artist
- Dudley has a been a celebrant since 2009
- Training celebrants since 2011
- Cert IV in Celebrancy CHC42608
- Flight Service Director Air New Zealand 1972 – 2002,
- Team manager and Crew trainer 1998 to 2002,
- Owner/operator Claret Restaurant Auckland NZ 2002–2006,
- President Business association Onehunga Auckland NZ 2004 - 2006
Susan Robson has been a Cert IV trainer and assessor since 2000 in the oil and gas, mining and aviation sectors and has a Master of Management specialising in business and change management. Susan was a non-executive board member for a Sydney based Community Centre for many years and currently provides consulting services to the board of a large independent aged care facility.
Susan commenced with Celebrants Training College in November, 2016 and is excited to be part of the team.
- Trish is the Personal Assistant to the CEO – (Sally Cant)
- Secretary of the Celebrants Assoc of Aust.
- And 'assessor extraordinaire' for the College
Becoming a Celebrant is the best decision I have ever made. I love people and I love weddings and being a celebrant enables me to give each couple a unique and personal ceremony. It is a privilege when a couple chooses me as their Celebrant.
I was born and raised on the West Coast of Scotland before moving to live in Melbourne Australia and because of my heritage I have the ability to speak with both an Australian and Scottish accent at will. Therefore I am able to offer a Scottish flavour to any wedding or not which ever you prefer.
I am heavily involved in a local female choir and was their President for 8 years. I love to sing with the choir as it gives you this wonderful feeling of accomplishment to blend voices and produce this wonderful sound.
Being President of the choir for many years has given me the ability and confidence to speak publicly, being MC for many of our wonderful events. I have a genuine interest in people and love getting to know them and their stories. (Don’t worry I won't burst into song!).
- Bachelor of Arts Sydney University
- Dip Teaching Sydney Teachers College
- Certificate IV Training and Assessing Adults
- Certificate IV Celebrancy
- Statement of Attainment Funeral Celebrancy
- Certificate III Natural Areas Management
- Professionally trained artist
After a satisfying and successful career in Secondary Education, I began conducting funerals in 2005 and became an Authorised Marriage Celebrant in 2006.
My life has a happy balance with several volunteer community roles, casual work in schools and other educational organisations and occasional endeavours in Art. Involvement in intercultural experiences has broadened my sensitivity to other cultures.
Membership of Australian Marriage Celebrants (AMC) and the Funeral Celebrants Association Australia (FCAA) and volunteer leadership roles within each have strengthened my Celebrant skills and knowledge. Member of Independent Funeral Planners.
I am anticipating the pleasure of further rewarding work with you, future celebrants, through the Celebrant Training College.
Barb has a been a celebrant since 2006.
Grad Dip Civil Ceremonies (Monash).
I began this journey in 2003, graduating from Monash University in 2004 with a Grad Dip Arts, Civil Ceremonies, and launched my business in 2005.
Celebrancy is one of the most rewarding roles I've taken on and the next part of the journey is to share this experience as a Trainer and Assessor with Sally and the Team at the Celebrant's Training College.
I look forward to sharing this journey with you.