Funeral Course FACE-TO-FACE GEELONG VIC 4/5 OCT 2017
This is a comprehensive two day intensive course, with a suitably qualified Funeral Celebrant/Trainer, that provides you with the necessary knowledge required to be a successful Funeral Celebrant. The course will give you the required skills to enable you to be well trained when working with the bereaved, and to confidently create and conduct a funeral ceremony.
Topics to be covered:
Topics to be covered:
- Liaison with the Funeral Director and their personnel
- Gaining the appropriate information to allow you then contact the family, and the ongoing need to communicate with them.
- Liaising with family and friends.
- Client communication techniques
- Accurate written and verbal instructions.
- Listening skills, grief awareness, empathy, confidentiality and respect.
- Understanding how to work with different personalities
- Designing a ceremony that reflects the wishes of the family.
- Understanding the options pertaining to required elements of ritual and symbolism.
- Writing and selecting appropriate material for presentation.
- Writing the service and writing a eulogy.
- Writing an authentic ceremony
- Accurate interpretation of verbal and written information and instructions.
- The ability to improvise and problem solve with limited resources
- We will look at how to write a sample of a funeral ceremony for a baby, a person who has committed suicide, an accident victim, a person who has led a long life.
- The order and structure of the ceremony.
- Skills on how to help other speakers at the funeral
- Role and overview of others - RSL, Freemasons.
- Appropriate resource selection
- Words, poems, symbols, music, and power point presentations.
- Information about the mortuary and crematorium
- Health regulations regarding burials and cremations.
- Ability to relate to people from a range of social, cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Public speaking skills.
- Time management skills
- Working with Funeral Directors, and other associated professionals within the required protocols.
- Adherence to professional dress standards.
- Ability to display dignity and solemnity.
- Stress management skills and the ability to manage emotions.
|Course date||04-10-2017 9:30 am|
|Course end date||05-10-2017 4:00 pm|
|Location||Geelong - Zigfrids Dining Hall & Bar|